“I hope to bring you, the viewer, along to experience the same joy I experience in the landscape and in the still life. I hope to connect you to that environment. I want you to feel like you are there.
Sometimes I paint en plein air, but I prefer the control of the studio. For my landscapes I take a lot of photos and if I have my paints with me, I do some color studies. “
~ Beverly Brown
Beverly Brown is a representational oil painter currently living in the San Francisco North Bay area.
Born in Wilmington, Delaware, she received a BFA from Wittenberg University and continued her studies in architecture and graphic design at the Rhode Island School of Design and the Colorado Institute of Art. She has worked in both architecture and graphic design. After becoming a full-time mom, she continued to freelance, but in 2002 began to concentrate on painting, a life-long desire. She has studied with Frank Arcuri, David Leffel, Sherrie McGraw, HongNian Zhang, Kenn Backuus and Peter Fiore.
Her paintings are in collections internationally.
- Marin Open Studios, CA – 2015, 2016, 2018, 2020
- Old Greenwood Exhibition, Truckee, CA – 2015
- Martis Camp, Truckee, CA – 2014, 2015, 2019
- The Renaissance, Walnut Creek, CA 2014
- MDUUC Exhibition, Walnut Creek, CA 2012
- Northampton Library, Richboro, PA 2009
- Moravian Village at Bethlehem, Bethlehem, PA 2009
- Canal Frame-Crafts Gallery, Washington Crossing, PA 2008
- Canal Frame-Crafts Gallery, Washington Crossing, PA 2005
- Pearl Buck International House 2005
Juried Exhibitions, Invitationals and Awards
- Marin Open Studios, juried exhibit at the Madrigal Family Winery, 2020
- Artworks Downtown, San Rafael – juried shows since 2012
- Marin Museum of Contemporary Art
- SFWA Gallery, San Francisco – ongoing monthly juried exhibitions (Merit Award for “Wood for the Stove”)
- The Folk and Fine Art Gallery, Berkely, CA 2014
- Valley Art Gallery, Walnut Creek, CA 2013 – 2014
- Studio Gallery, San Francisco – Invitationals 2012 – 2014
- Mother Lode National Art Exhibition 2012 Placerville, CA “Surfer Boy”(Honorable Mention), and “Winter Field II”
- Philadelphia Sketch Club 2009 – 2011 Juried Exhibitions
- Doylestown Art League 2003 through 2009, (including first, second, third places, honorable mention awards and the George Christian Award for Painting)
- Tinicum, PA Arts Festival 2008 – “Xi’an Girl” (Best of Show)
- Sabine Rose 2008 Paint-Out, Sabine Rose Gallery, Doylestown, PA
- Mixed Media Gallery 2007 Juried Exhibition
- Phillips Mill 2007 Juried Exhibition
- Canal Frame-Crafts 2003 through 2011 Juried Exhibitions (including first, third place and honorable mention awards)